Sunday, September 7, 2008

With Love,

How refreshing to be here...here in a place I have never been, away from anything and everything I have ever known. It is a huge change after growing up in the same place for twenty years...experiencing the same things, seeing the same people, eating the same foods, walking the same streets - But now, to be here, tasting, seeing, smelling, and feeling new things in a foreign land, it is really amazing. I know that we have only been here five days, but all of the anxieties I had about going away, about leaving home, and becoming homesick are afterthoughts now (no offense mom ;-)...I will miss you all for sure), but I know that everything is okay and that everything will be okay. Today has been fun. We went to church, at Christ Church Cathedral. Look it up if you get a chance, I am sure the pictures will not do it justice, but what a beautiful place, what a wonderful experience. I am trying not to get sappy, but I am just really excited for all that is ahead as this semester lies before me. I know that times will be hard, but I am thankful to be here, to be in this place, to be here at this time, and to be me.

Remind me to tell you about the street musicians and the styles, Templer Bar, and the Templer square at night. I don't want to forget the stories I have, so remind me (and I'm journaling). We leave tomorrow, so I don't know when I'll write again, but soon I am sure.

With Love,

Kaitlyn

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Kaitlyn,
How exciting it is for us to read your blog! We could not be happier for you. The experiences your having brings us much joy for you. It took a lot of courage to step out of your comfort zone and now it seems you are reaping the blessing of doing so!

Cheers!
Tim and Pam