Friday, September 19, 2008

Happy Friday!

I will type more later, but Carys and I had a "photoshoot". She wanted me to show the pictures to "everyone". Anyways, because Carys is cool I am putting these up (just a few of them though). I'll update tonight though. Until then!



Okay - It's tonight...so I'm updating. Last night was a lot of fun. I hung around here and caught up on some reading, but then went down to the beach. Kevin and Jordan were down there with "seal bait". I think I may have called them sea-lions earlier so I apologize for the confusion. It was funny watching the boys try to feed the seals who would have nothing to do with Jordan or Kevin.

It is so beautiful by the water. The Mouren Mountains act as a backdrop when looking right towards the bay area. It is breath taking. Classes have been going really well. I love all of my professors. Each of them have a different teaching style and I am appreciative of this. My art professor really gets us to study the pieces we view (whether in gallery or in text), and I am not used to studying them in this way. It is neat to be able to figure out what a color may have represented or why a specific carving was made during a certain era etc. My Literature teacher is such a good writer. He is so descriptive in his teaching(as I suppose writers are) and really has some fun assignments set up. My other classes are amazing as well, but I realize I cannot really describe successfully what I am learning without typing out a novel for you all to read. In short: I am appreciative of their abilities to challenge me...to force me to think deeper than I regularly do...to defend my ideas and thoughts...to question what I do not understand...and to be okay with the learning process. It excites me.

I guess I better end as I have more of Aristotle to read! Goodness...all I can say is thank you Prof. Jones for that assignment! Ha.

One more thing though I almost forgot. Tomorrow we are going to a Viking festival! How cool is that? The vikings are arriving tomorrow from Norway on a long ship. They are actually rowing and sailing here. I am really excited and will promise to take a ton of pictures and post them afterwards.

Also,
I am drinking lots of tea and enjoying lots of fish and chips.

Love and More Love,
Kaitlyn

1 comment:

Parker.d87 said...

vikings?!

that's not even close to being fare.

but then again...dragons are way cooler, anyway.