Wednesday, November 19, 2008

A Day With The President...and so on...


Hello To Everyone -

I know my posts have been delayed, but we have been doing a bit of traveling. We are currently in Belfast staying at LakeSide Manor. It is the new property JBU will be leasing for future study abroad teams, and summer programs etc. It is gorgeous here, and the city has been a nice change of scenery. Yesterday we had lunch with the President of the Republic of Ireland. When her speech was given we sat in the front two rows as the guests of honor. It was a surprise and needless to say: an amazing experience. The amount of hospitality we have been given by all whom we have encountered on this trip abroad has been overwhelming. We are truly indebted to all of our hosts. After the speech and luncheon we hung around the manor until rushing off to make our dinner reservations at Villa Vicci before "Light Up Belfast". It was a great evening. Today we kept busy with the Stevenson's (who are currently visiting). We had lunch at 'The Crown' in the city, and then went for coffee at the Europa Hotel. It is famous for having been bombed precisely 73 times during the dispute. If you can imagine, Billy was quite animated in recalling all of his experiences. After coffee Billy drove the students to Shankle Road and we took a walk while he gave his testimony. It has been a great couple of days. I know this was rushed and short, but some friends are waiting for me to head down the street to StarBucks. I can't keep them waiting! Ha. I've included a picture of LakeSide.

So Many Blessings, and All of My Love!
Kait

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What an experience!! Wow! That is so cool. You meeting the President! Was the lighting a lot more elaborate than ours? :-)

I know this is short but I just wanted to make a quick comment!

I love you most...MOM