Friday, December 5, 2008

Hmm...

Well - I took my last final yesterday. It was a time of both celebration and sadness. I cannot believe that this time has drawn to an end. What a blessing to have an experience such as this. I pray that I always grasp the opportunities set before me - this has been the time of my life. A few of us went to a Christmas party at the Murlough House last night. It was fun - and funny. I'll tell you all about it later. Today we went to some of our friends house - just the students - and had a cook out and spent the day there. It was a blast to get away and such a fun time with our friends. I am typing quickly, but wanted to update quick. Tomorrow we're going into Belfast to the zoo and the castle. I had suggested this earlier so professor Jones decided to make a day of it - we're excited.

I am getting anxious to see everyone, but it is also hard to know we'll be leaving. I decorated our house for Christmas on the 28th last week (since that is our tradition at home). So I'll post a picture of that. I think one of the things I'm going to miss most is looking out of my back window and seeing the bay and the Mourne Mountains. I'll put a picture up of that too - although the tide was out so the bay is empty in this particular pic. Oh well. Anyways - I know this is short and unorganized, but wanted to update quick.





There will be so much to process and so much to share...I'll try and make one more post before we leave...until then

My All -

Kaitlyn

1 comment:

Slamdunk said...

I was just browsing blogs and stumbled on your work--excellent. You have taken some wonderful photos Kaitlyn.

I wanted to comment on your discussing how running allows you time to contemplate and be thankful for the happenings in life. When I was an undergrad, I very much enjoyed my long runs for the same reason. Ironically, I put it in the context of "Be Still and Know..." even though everything was in motion during those runs. Years from now you will treasure those memories of your deep thought sessions while "pounding pavement."

Keep up the good work and thanks for allowing me a time for reflection with your recent posts. God Bless you...