Saturday, December 6, 2008

Concluding...

Hello to All,

I only have several hours left on my internet code, so I wanted to put up one last post before it runs out. First of all, may I say thank you for your prayers as this semester has progressed. The power of prayer is far greater than anyone can imagine - and that is why it must not be taken for granted. So, thank you so much, my appreciation is greater than you will ever know. Anyways, I felt I should put up one last post as a sort of conclusion, but I do not know how to do that. I think I am realizing that this is not in fact a conclusion though. When something concludes, it is over, and I suppose that by going home, this experience is simply continuing, for I hope that I do not leave all I have learned - all I have gained - behind here in Ireland. My prayer is that I bring it all with me, and that I will carry this experience and use it...hopefully and prayerfully adding more great and wonderful adventuress to this story that is my life. That is my prayer. I cannot believe that my time here in Ireland is almost done, but I do not want to leave this place with a longing to stay, with a longing to remain in this way. I think that would be an insult to all of the strength and wisdom I have been subjected too. I want to leave this place with a smile on my face, in awe of the blessing of such a time and experience. This place will always hold some of my fondest memories. It was in Ireland that I learned I am able to be independent. It was in Ireland that I learned to step into the unknown with confidence. It was in Ireland that I remembered to dream big. It was in Ireland that I fell in love with the diversity of God's people. It was in Ireland that I grew up in a sense. But now it is time to leave, and I will trust in the perfection of God's timing...for who knows what lies around the corner - something great I am sure. Well, all of this to say...maybe this isn't "concluding" - it's just - "until the next adventure". I like the sound of that better ;-) So...thank you again. Thank you for your prayers. Pray for our travels home on Tuesday. And to all of those I met along this journey and for all of the friends I made, thank you for your wisdom, your generosity, the opening of your homes, the meals shared, and the many many memories and smiles. How great to acquire friends near and far. I am thankful for you all. Nigel - remember to publish that poem of yours! (Katherine make sure he does).

A little Irish Prayer to leave you with...

"Christ be with me,
be after me,
be before me,
and be at my right and left hand.
May everything I do be for Christ."

I'll Be Seeing You -
Kaitlyn


1 comment:

Slamdunk said...

another great reflective post Kait. you have a talent for writing and should consider continuing to blog and/or use other similar outlets for your thoughts.

i hope you have a joyous Christmas as well. maybe you can catch up on your sleep during the long flight home--it sounds like you will need to be rested when you are swarmed by your family at the airport. God Bless you.